Lose weight tips:
More about the foods you eat by reading nutrition labels. Look for “No Fat””Low Fat”, “Fat” and “Reduced fat claims” on food packages. Focus on total fat, rather than the individual elements. When selecting food, balance of people with a higher fat against those with less fat to stay within your total fat or “budget” for the day.
Effective Weight Loss Treatment to Your Diet!!!
- Choose lean meats, fish and poultry. Limit these 5-7 ounces per day. Other good sources of low fat protein include beans and peas, tofu, low-fat yogurt, low-fat milk, low-fat cottage cheese and tuna packed in water. Choose skim or 1%.
- Enjoy low fat (no more than 3 grams of fat per ounce) or nonfat cheeses and spreads. Try low-fat or fat-free versions of your favorite margarine, salad dressings, cream cheese and mayonnaise.
- In food preparation: Trim all visible fat and remove skin from poultry.
- Refrigerate soups, sauces and stews, and remove the hardened fat before eating.
- Bake, broil or grill meat on a rack that allows fat to drip from the meat. Avoid frying foods.
- Sprinkle lemon juice and herbs / spices cooked instead of using cheese, butter or cream sauces, vegetables.
- Try plain, fat or low-fat yogurt and chives on baked potatoes instead of sour cream. Low-fat sour cream still contains fat, so you should limit the amount you use.
- When dining out: Choose simply prepared, such as grilled fish or grilled chicken or baked foods. Avoid fried or sautéed foods, casseroles and meals with sauces and salsas.
- Request that your food be cooked without added butter, margarine, gravy or sauces.
- Order a salad with low fat dressing on the side.
- Choose fruit, angel food cake, frozen fat, sherbet or sorbet for dessert instead of ice cream, cake or pie without yogurt.