Star Care Health Insurance Policy :
Who Can Take This Health Insurance?
• Any person between 18years and 65 years of age, from Tier 1 and Tier 2 places in India, can take this insurance. This policy can be renewed during the whole life of the Insured Person.
• Policy is available on Individual and as well as Floater basis.
• Children from 2 yrs can be covered along with parents. Maximum age for dependent children is 25 years. (Tier 1 places means those places where the population as per census 2011 is between 5,00,000 and 10,00,000. Tier 2 places means those places where the population as per census 2011 is less than 5,00,000.)
This policy is available in select locations of Tier I and Tier II places.
Policy Benefits –
Avail Affordable Health Insurance & Tax Benefits.
• Room, Boarding, Nursing expenses at Rs.750/- per day (0.75% of the sum insured) – either private or shared accommodation.
• ICU charges upto Rs.2,000/- subject to maximum of Rs.10,000/- per hospitalization.
• Surgeon, Anesthetist, Medical Practitioner, Consultants, Specialist Fees, Anesthesia, Blood, Oxygen, Operation Theatre charges, Cost of Pacemaker, Cost of Medicine and drugs etc.
• Ambulance charges for emergency transportation upto a sum of Rs.500/- per hospitalization and overall limit of Rs.1000/- per policy period.
• Pre Hospitalisation expenses upto 30 days prior to admission in the hospital.
• Post Hospitalisation expenses upto 60 days after discharge from the hospital. Medical expenses incurred upto 7% of hospitalization expenses subject to a maximum of Rs.3,000/-.
Hospital Cash: Benefit will be paid at the rate of Rs.1000/- per day of hospitalization subject to a maximum of 14 days, where the treatment is taken in Government Hospital. This will be paid only for covered surgeries done as in-patient, whether any claim is made on indemnity basis or not. Payment of claim under hospital cash benefit will not reduce the Sum Insured. With this, the effective maximum claimable amount becomes Rs.1,14,000/-.
Treatment for specific diseases/illness as detailed below:-
• Ailment Limit of Indemnity per policy period
• Medical Management (Major diseases) Rs.15,000
• Medical Management (other diseases) Rs. 7,500
• Cataract Rs. 8,500
• Accidental grievous injuries
• (either surgery or medical management) Rs.40,000
• Major Surgeries Rs.40,000
• Other Surgeries Rs.20,000
Where more than one person is covered on individual basis (not on floater basis) this limit shall mean limit per policy period per person.